Last weekend one of my seven “Cat-facts” for the Versatile Blogger Award was that “Ben is a worrier.” My precious tuxy boy is a little serious sometimes and I can always tell from this sort of "pursed" look he gets on his face that he is bothered.
The Cat’s Meow asked me what Ben worries about. A good question, which I’ve tried to answer with the list below:
The Top Ten Things That Ben Worries About
1. Ben worries about his younger brother Archie and keeps a close eye on him. Once when Archie got shut in the upstairs closet Ben paced back and forth in front of it until I figured out that Archie was inside
2. Ben worries if we get a new piece of furniture or rearrange existing furniture and how this might effect the Feng Shui of the house
3. Ben worries if the level of crunchies in the food bowl gets too low (as if they have ever gone without!) and is not too sure about the bowl itself. I bought beautiful new water and food bowls and it took Ben ages to warm up to them, I was afraid he was going to starve!
4. Ben worries about the dispersal of treats and even though I know he doesn’t like them that much he will line up beside Archie for his fair share
5. Ben worries when I take the nail clippers out of the drawer in the kitchen
6. Ben worries if he hears Molly meowing and will immediately run upstairs and sit outside her bedroom door
7. Ben worries when we sit on the back deck as if some tragedy will befall us out there so he stands on his hind legs and watches us through the screen door or from a window perch and scratches on the glass
8. Ben worries when people come over to the house and hides in the upstairs bedroom under the bed
9. Ben worried last Christmas (his first) when we brought a tree into the house -- then quickly adapted
10. Ben worries when I bring the cat carrier upstairs and put it on the dining room table…well I’ll give him that one, it always means a vet visit
***Ben has been extra worried these last few days with so many beloved kitties from the CB going off to the bridge. He and Molly and Casper and Archie are purring for everyone who is grieving.