2.09.2016

Happy Gotcha Day Casper and Archie

Hello Friends,  many of you already know the story of how Casper and Archie came to live with us two years to the day of each other! But because I haven't blogged in so long I will reprint the story again. Are we sitting comfortably?  Then I'll begin...

On February 9, 2008 I went to visit my friend Pauline who rescues cats.  She had told me there was a beautiful white cat (nine months old) that was staying with her and I had to come and see him.  Now Pauline always has cats coming and going from her house so of course I went over to visit, just like I had done on many previous occasions...only this time I fell in love!!  About twenty minutes after I met Casper and was so obviously smitten, Robert looked and me and said "Do you want him?"  Of course I wanted him, but we had no carrier (I held him in my arms), no litter box, no food bowls or kitten food for him.  I said to Robert "We are completely unprepared" and he replied with a smile "Who cares?"

Casper Day One
Now, fast forward two years on to February 9, 2010.  Robert and I had just returned from visiting my brother in England and out of the blue he said to me "I think we should get another cat."  Now you must remember after Casper we got Benjamin and before Casper we already had Molly, so we were a three cat family.   He reasoned that cats make me happy so why not get another and because one never knows what life holds, it is silly to put things off.  I happily agreed with his logic so off we went to the shelter.  Young Master Archie (who was not named that at the time) sat quietly at the front of his cage and stole our hearts with his happy little ginger face.

Archie Day One
The Gotcha Boys
Baby Archie with big bro
Casper watches out for Archie
Grown up mancats
Good friends
and they lived happily ever after :-)

24 comments:

wildcatwoods said...

So glad you rescued both of these dear boys! Happy Gotcha day to you guys! You got the best home there is.

Cats of wildcat woods

Random Felines said...

awwww.....we love happy ever afters :) Happy Gotcha Day boys!

weaverpat said...

Happy Gotcha Day to Casper and Archie!
They got a fantastic couple of caring humans and you and Robert got two sweet, loving kitties who I'm sure are grateful every day that they live with you.
It's a win/win situation.

So good to see a post from you. I think of you and the boys often, and Rio too.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

a most happee gothca day two ewe both casper & archie; with best fishes, mice creem dishes & happee day wishes....& heerz ta 900 mor...each !!! hope everee onez doin well, hope everee ones settled in two yur new place by now...grate ta see ewe guys bak thiz way again....

♥♥♥

da tabbies o trout towne said...

ooopz...anda spellin errorz....R furst this month....thatz spozed ta bee... gotcha !! ☺☺☺

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Happy gotcha day to you beautiful boys!

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Awww, I love baby pictures! So cute! So sweet that they were best friends right away! Happy Gotcha days, guys!!!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

Happy Happy Gotcha Day Sweeties!!
catchatwithcarenandcody

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Casper and Archie!

pilch92 said...

Happy Gotcha Day Casper and Archie! You are both handsome mancats. I am so glad you got a loving forever home.

Mickey's Musings said...

Happy Gotcha Day sweetie pies!
We love the bond the two of you have :)
May you share many happy years together!
Purrs Georgia and Julie,
Treasure and JJ

The Island Cats said...

What a great story. Happy Gotcha Day, Casper and Archie!

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

I think I really like Robert :)

Happy Gotcha Day

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Happy Gotcha Day to Casper and Archie. What wonderful Gotcha Day stories.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Happy Gotcha Day sweet boys!

meowmeowmans said...

We love Casper and Archie's gotcha story. It makes us so happy that they found the perfect home, and that they are so, so loved.

Happy Gotcha Day, Casper and Archie. Here's to many, many more!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

That is such a lovey story. They were really lucky to find such a wonderful Forever Home. Happy Gotcha day, Boys!

Purrs,
The Chans

My Mind's Eye said...

Hi Cat and Fab Five...we are surely glad to hear from you. We stop by every so often to see if you have posted....woohoo
Happy got'cha day to Casper and Archie
Give the Fab Five a hugs from me and a nose tap from Madi
Cecilia and Madi

Sweet Purrfections said...

How wonderful that both of you found such a great forever home. Happy Gotcha Day!

Susi Beer said...

Cute!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Hope everyone is well. We wanted to wish Kip a Happy Gotcha Day!

Unknown said...

Such cute cats! Love reading your blog, thanks for the share.
Diana

danneththemanneth said...

5 Cats and I can barely cope with one little Tux cat!

My Mind's Eye said...

Hey Cat and fab 5...
We think of you all often. We come by every so often to check on things.
We hope you all and Rio and dad are well
Hugs Madi and mom