6.25.2010

Kitty Bliss...

Sometimes the world gets a bit much for me. Sometimes I feel it is too big and too fast and too careless and I have to retreat. If I can, I like to spend an afternoon alone in our house with my cats. It is peaceful and gentle and cats with pink noses and delicate paws are therapeutic. With my cats there is no sadness, there is no inequity, there is no prejudice or crime, or anger there is only quiet and calm and sanctuary. I could sit for hours and watch my cats play or bathe or just sleep; there is such grace in their movements. Perhaps it is a kind of meditation to watch cats. Can it be that different from studying any art form or thing of beauty? Curled in a ball or stretched long in the sun they are silken perfection as far as I am concerned. They bring harmony and balance back into my life, they restore me when I am weary, they give me perspective and help me to remember what is truly important. All this I am given by these amazing creatures who ask for nothing in return.

3 comments:

Teddy Westlife said...

Well, we might ask for a piece of ham.

Chrissie said...

I like that!

Susan said...

beautifully said